Terms and Conditions of Attendance and Participation
As a registered attendee or participant (“you”) in 2015’s EMA conference (the “Event”) you agree to these terms and conditions (collectively, the “Agreement”) with Electronic Money Association (EMA). If you are completing the registration on behalf of another individual, you warrant that you have made the attendee or participant aware of this Agreement and that he or she has accepted these terms and conditions.
- Admittance. Your registration entitles you only to admittance to the Event. All other costs associated with your attendance (e.g., travel and accommodation expenses) shall be borne solely by you, and the EMA shall have no liability for such costs.
- Use of Likeness. By attending the Event you grant the EMA the right at the Event to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from or any payment to you.
- Event Content. The EMA, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Event, including but not limited to, the Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, moderators and time.
- Identification. At time of check in, you must provide a form of photo identification.
- Attendee Badge Usage. Attendee badges must be worn at all times in Event areas.
- Visa Requirements. It is solely your responsibility to comply with any government visa requirements and failure to do so does not constitute a basis for a refund.
- Limitations on Use. By registering, you agree not to share, transfer, sell or trade your badge. If you violate this policy, the EMA may cancel your attendance and retain any payments.
- Photography, Recording, and Videotaping. You may not record audio or video of sessions at the Event. Within the limits of Section related to Intellectual Property (see below) and provided you comply with any applicable regulations, in particular with data protection rules and rules concerning protection of personal rights you may take pictures within the show for purposes of your company annual reports, your company media pieces, marketing materials, etc.
- Payment. Applicable fees are due upon online registration. If payment is insufficient or declined for any reason, the EMA may refuse to admit you and shall have no resulting liability.
- Taxes. Fees include value added tax, and will not be charged to you in addition to the fees.
- No Retroactive Fees Adjustments. Once you have registered, your fees will not be adjusted downward based on any discount or any other reason.
- Discount/Special Rates. There are no discounted/special rates for daily attendance and only full conferences passes are available. If you register using a rate that is not applicable to you, you hereby give the EMA the right to charge your card or a bank account for the difference upon notice that the EMA does not agree with your selection of a special rate. All determinations of discounted/special rates are in the sole discretion of the EMA.
Cancellation, Substitution and Lost Badge Policy
- Cancellation period. Cancellations must be received by email (email to email@example.com) at least 7 business days before the start of the event, to receive a refund less £170 admin fee per registration. The company regrets that no refund will be made available for cancellation notifications received less than 7 business days before the event.
- Payment time threshold. Payment must be received 7 business days prior to the event. To take advantage of discounts with an expiry cut-off date, registration and payment must be received by the cut off date.
- Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge.
- Attendee Fees. The fees will be fully refunded if the attendee cancelled the ticket 7 days before the start of the conference. The admin fee will be charged on the same payment card used for the original ticket booking.
- Badge Issuance. Once you have received your badge on site, it cannot be changed, substituted or reissued to a different person.
- All intellectual property rights in and to the Event, the Event content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Event are owned by the EMA or speaker at the Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks (including without limitation “EMA”) or other trade names appearing at the Event, in any Event content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Event for any reason without the prior written permission of the EMA.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks / logo or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by the EMA; nor does this Agreement grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of the EMA, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of the EMA.
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability
- The EMA gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Event is provided on an “as-is” basis. The EMA does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any person on any aspect of the Event or any information provided at the Event.
- Except as required by law, the EMA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement.
- The maximum aggregate liability of the EMA for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to the EMA under this Agreement.
- The EMA failure to exercise any right shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights. The EMA shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure results from any cause beyond the EMA’s reasonable control. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary for this Agreement to otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sub-licensable by you except with the EMA’s prior written consent. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales in respect of any dispute which arises out of or under this Agreement.
- A party that substantially prevails in an action brought under this Agreement is entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind the EMA in any respect whatsoever.