Thaer Sabri, CEO of the EMA, will be joining the conversation on Central Bank Digital Currencies (CDBCs) at the 2nd Annual Payment Systems Regulation and Innovation Summit on 19 October 2021 (online).
EMA members can get a 20% discount with code: PAY2EMA
Hear first-hand from senior regulators, established and challenger banks, payment providers and leading fintech companies about the opportunities and challenges in the rapidly evolving payment ecosystem.
Keynote addresses from:
- Victoria Cleland, Executive Director for Banking, Payments and Innovation, Bank of England
- Maha El Dimachki, Head of Department, Innovation Division, FCA
In addition, during this content-packed one-day event, you will benefit from hearing the insights of leading practitioners from financial institutions, traditional and innovative payment providers and fintech companies. The focus will be on the regulatory environment and the development of standards; the latest technological innovation within incumbent and new organisations; the processes and technology around an aligned payments strategy and customer experience; the planning, budgeting and building of a physical and digital infrastructure; and finally, the driving of greater processing simplification and improved customer engagement and protection.
Topics Covered Include:
- The FCA approach to regulatory oversight
- The Bank of England perspective on RTGS renewal and the latest market developments
- Regulatory approach towards crypto and DeFi
- Promoting innovation and consumer protection through the New Payments Architecture (NPA)
- Cross-border payment systems: making the pan-European instant payment system a reality
- What is the real need for CBDCs? A debate over industry considerations
- From Open Banking to Open Finance
- Understanding and exploiting the full value of ISO 20022
- Strengthening the resilience of digital payment systems and ecosystem
- Payments, privacy and data management
- Mitigating risk and cyber security with increased digitalisation of the industry
- The future of payment systems: the involvement of BigTech in payments
Who should attend?
COOs, CIOs, CDO, CISOs, CROs, MDs, Senior Managers, VPs, Directors and Heads of the following functions:
Payments, Payment Technology, Cash Management, Open Banking, Future Technologies, Digital, Digital Strategy, Regulatory Change, Retail, Fraud, Financial Crime &AML, Innovation,
Innovation Engagement, Market Infrastructure, Business Security, Data, Compliance, Government Affairs, Scouting and Research, AI & Machine Learning Implementation, FinTech, Crypto & Blockchain.
financial institutions, new and incumbent payment providers, FinTech companies, payment platform providers; solutions providers; together with strategic consultancies, law firms, clearing houses, accountants and other advisers.
Find out more about the 2nd Annual Payment Systems Regulation and Innovation Summit at www.cityandfinancialconferences.com/paymentsreg2021