The Electronic Money Association will speak at the Baltic Payment Forum in Vilnius on 25 April 2023.Continue Reading →
Join the Virtual Experience as Exibex ushers you into the 1st Quarter of 2022 with strategies to unleash the Power of the Saudi Kingdom Fintech Landscape!Continue Reading →
Charge up for a phenomenal face-to-face and online interaction! The first-ever Finnovex Qatar Summit for Banking and Financial Institution Stakeholders, will take place on 15th March 2022 at Doha, Qatar and online for the digital audience to participate.Continue Reading →
Backbase, SmartStream, Apollo Fintech, Network International L.L.C, Quipu, Suretree, InPay and NeoSoft Technologies were all well-represented at the 2nd Annual Edition of the Leading Summit on Financial Services Innovation and Excellence within the West African Region, to spearhead the conversation on what the future holds as it relates to driving financial inclusion within the West African region.
The Summit commenced from the 26th – 27th October 2021 and was held online via the host’s virtual platform, which witnessed the attendance of 1000+ CEOs, CDO’s, COO’s, CIOs, CISOs, CTOs, CRO’s Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, Directors, and Heads of departments from the Banking and FI industry.Continue Reading →
Finnovex West Africa 2021 will delve deep into how digitisation of most banking activities is the way forward in addressing the importance of bridging the financial inclusion gap through technology adoption and implementation as a priority for most bank CXOs. The event will be held in a virtual format on 26-27 October 2021.
EMA members can use the promo code “MP-10”.Continue Reading →
Thaer Sabri, CEO of the EMA, will be joining the conversation on Central Bank Digital Currencies (CDBCs) at the 2nd Annual Payment Systems Regulation and Innovation Summit on 19 October 2021 (online).
EMA members can get a 20% discount with code: PAY2EMAContinue Reading →
Thaer Sabri, CEO of the EMA, will be joining a panel on Open Banking and PSD2 at the Istanbul Fintech Week 9 – 13 November 2020 (Online):
Open Banking, PSD2 and beyond
Wednesday 11 November 12:00pm
Open banking has become a widespread topic in banking and payments. PSD2 has paved the way for banks to open their APIs and share data. The panel will discuss if this will help boost the ecosystem by empowering entrepreneurs and bringing cost efficiencies.
For more details about IFW 2020 and to book your tickets visit istanbulfintechweek.com
*Update – this event will now take place as a series of webinars. The information below has been updated accordingly.*
Thaer Sabri, CEO of the EMA, will be joining two webinars at the Payment Systems Regulation and Innovation Summit, held online by the City & Financial Global on 3-5 June 2020.
This series comprises five webinars, which will cover all aspects of payments innovations, including the regulatory framework, in the context of the new challenges brought on by the current global crisis.
Issues to be covered include:
- WEBINAR ONE: CROSS-BORDER PAYMENT SYSTEMS: A REGULATORY OVERVIEW
- WEBINAR TWO: PROMOTING FINANCIAL INCLUSION WITH OPEN BANKING
- WEBINAR THREE: THE IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON PAYMENTS SECURITY
- WEBINAR FOUR: NON-TRADITIONAL PAYMENTS BEST PRACTICE
- WEBINAR FIVE: PAYMENT TECH AND THE EVOLUTION OF THE PAYMENTS LANDSCAPE
As a contact of the EMA, you are able to claim a 20% discount. To claim your discount, use code: PAYUK1EMA
For more details and to book your ticket, visit the event website.
On 28th November 2019, Dimitrios Markakis, Senior consultant at the EMA will join a panel of industry experts at Payments International, the meeting place for banks, regulators, corporate treasurers, payments disruptors and other key industry members.
The panel will cover Strong Customer Authentication – Regulatory Developments, Practical Challenges and Evolving Best Practice. Dimitrios will be joined by other experts in the field from companies such as UBS and Virgin Money.
Payments International brings you insights into key developments such as
• Open Banking & PSD2
• Payments Regulation Beyond PSD2
• Distributed Ledger Technology & Non-Traditional Payments
• Payments Architecture
This year’s programme will once again include a keynote address by the European Banking Authority (EBA). Hear from the EBA on topics such as the implementation of RTS on SCA & CSC, PI and AI provider authorisation and more.
As a contact of the EMA you are able to claim a 20% discount. To claim your discount quote: FKM63727EMA.
Visit https://bit.ly/2l9IeiD for more information
Thaer Sabri, CEO at the EMA will join a regulators panel at Financial Innovation Summit in Doha Qatar on 2-3 April 2019.
Thaer will open the regulators panel with a brief keynote address the following topic:
Getting FinTech Ready – Regulatory Journey
- Motivation to promote innovation
- Designing and opting the right regulatory framework
- Building the ecosystem and getting each party accept one another for social and economic empowerment
- Public engagement to get their ideas on what aspects of financial services that can be improved using technology
After Thaer’s 10 minutes presentation, he will join a 30 minutes panel discussion as a panelist speaker, discussing the following topic:
Regulatory Panel | Enhancing Regulatory Frameworks to Harness the Transformation & Development of FinTech and Digital Banking Innovation for Growth
- Regulatory Sandbox: Is it a ‘Game’ without ‘Rules’, or the ‘Rules’ of the Game?
- Why investing in AI, Big Data and Analytics are critical to boost efficiency across the financial institutions and legal framework?
- What sort of sacrifices are ahead of the regulators and how to deal with it to ensure prosperity for national interest and the Financial Technology Ecosystem?
- How to deal with reforming the client on-boarding process to become a digitized affair without visiting physical branches?
- What technologies should be considered as the main pillars to ensure the digitalization of the regulatory system along with the entire financial services ecosystem?
For more information, click here.